A MyLocalTel account lets you pay your bill, sign up for autopay, and more — all online.
LocalTel Customer Login
TV Rate Increases
Effective: February 1, 2018
Dear LocalTel TV Subscribers,
We are committed to continually improving your TV viewing experience and giving you the very best entertainment possible. In the past year alone, we have added 15 new networks to our lineups and upgraded over 20 channels to crystal clear High Definition. We also understand that it's not just WHAT our customers want to watch, it's HOW they want to watch, that's important. It's with this mindset that we have unveiled cutting edge TV features like ReStart, CatchUp, unlimited cloud DVR, and several others that allow you to be in total control of your home entertainment experience. We see the costs associated with these improvements as worthwhile investments that ensure you have the award-winning quality of service you've come to expect from LocalTel.
As we continue to make these investments, the networks also increase their broadcast rates on an average of 5 to 50% each year and we have strived not to pass these on to our customers. Unfortunately this year, many of the network rate increases—especially those of the local stations—have been upwards of 300 to 400% higher than what they have been in the past, forcing LocalTel to adjust our prices.
When the local networks first began charging for their broadcasts a few years ago, that amount was relatively small but we felt it important that you could see exactly why your rates were increasing, so we added a Local Channel Programming Surcharge to account for these charges. Over the years, as the local networks continued to raise their rates, this surcharge has been adjusted to keep pace. After this year's increases, the current surcharge of $3.80 would need to more than double resulting in a fee disproportionate to its base price. To eliminate this confusion and simplify things, the surcharge will be rolled into the cable service charge.
Beginning February 1st, the following rates will take effect:
- Basic Cable Service — $34.95 (increase of $6.20 from the previous $24.95 + $3.80 local surcharge)
- Expanded Cable Service — $77.95 (increase of $11.20 from the previous $62.95 + $3.80 local surcharge)
- Digital Basic Tier — $9.95 (increase of $2.00 from the previous $7.95)
- Get It All Package — $80.95 (increase of $3.00 from the previous $77.95)
In the coming year, you can expect to see many more channels being upgraded to HD while we continue to add new and exciting networks to our lineups. Again, LocalTel is committed to remaining a cost competitive option for your cable TV and we appreciate your understanding.
Please call us at 888-8888, if you have any questions regarding this information.
LocalTel Communications Management
TV Lineup Changes
Effective: January 1, 2018
Changes to Local Channels
The following changes will occur for LocalTel TV customers — on all TV systems — at 2am, January 1st.
DVR Customers: you will need to reprogram your DVR to continue properly recording shows on any of the following affected channels.
Customers with no Set Top Box: you will need to re-scan your channel lineup to ensure proper access after these changes.
Chelan and Douglas Counties
- Ch.4 - KXLY (ABC Spokane) will move from this channel to Channel 19. Channel 4 will become KOMO (ABC Seattle).
- Ch.7 - KREM (CBS Spokane) will be removed from our lineup, and replaced by KIRO (CBS Seattle).
- Ch.18 - KHQ (NBC Spokane) will be removed from our lineup. NBC programming will continue to be available on Channel 5, KING (NBC Seattle).
- Ch.118 - GetTV will be added to our lineup.
- Ch.119 - Laff will be added to our lineup.
- Ch.5 - KHQ (NBC Spokane) will move from Channel 18 to this channel.
- Ch.129 - SWX will be added to our lineup.
TV Lineup Change
Effective: January 1, 2018
Chiller Channel Discontinued
- Ch.452 - Chiller
Chiller — a channel currently available in our Digital Basic Tier — will be permanently discontinued by NBCUniversal as of January 1st, 2018. Please note, this is not a LocalTel decision but rather a decision by NBCUniversal.
As always, we will continue to add new networks to our lineup and strive to offer our customers the best TV experience possible.
TV Lineup Change
Effective: December 21, 2017
New Channel Added
- Ch.355 - Hallmark Drama
The Hallmark Drama channel is now available in the LocalTel TV Variety tier.