Your My LocalTel home page is where you will find up to date information on your LocalTel account and information of interest to LocalTel customers.
For your safety and convenience, we now require you to create a MyLocalTel account before paying your bill or signing up for autopay. If you do not already have an account, please click the Sign up button below. After your account is set up, you can log in and pay your bill.
Email Password Update!
"Easy to remember " passwords are a real danger to everyone's security.
Dear LocalTel Customer,
We are strengthening the password requirements on ALL email accounts that use our email services. We have found that quite a few accounts have weak passwords that can allow them to be easily compromised and used to send spam, or for other malicious purposes.
How could my account be compromised?
The most common tactic is the "brute force" method. A third party uses a computer to try millions of combinations of email addresses and passwords, hoping to unlock an account with poor credentials. In the past, it was more difficult to use this method to compromise accounts, but modern systems are far more efficient than those in the days of old. Using little in the way of time or resources, an attacker can compromise dozens or hundreds of accounts at once, using both your account and our server to send thousands of spam or other malicious message types before they are detected. Once the compromised accounts are shut down, the malicious third party just moves on to their next victim.
Why is this a problem?
Modern email systems rely on a number of technologies to try and protect you from receiving spam or other malicious messages. One of the most important is the reputation of the sender. When a mail server begins sending out spam messages, recipients of those spam messages can report the compromised server to blacklists and other third parties. This impacts the reputation of the compromised server, and can prevent legitimate messages from that server from being delivered. This impacts everybody who uses this server.
What do I need to do?
You need to verify that your email password meets our requirements. A good password will contain an element of randomization and will not be easily guessed. It should include mixed case and at least one numeral. It should also not contain your email address, name, birth-date, kids names, or pets names.
For instance, if your email address is email@example.com, JohnDoe1, JoeD12345, or John123Doe are not good passwords.
A good password would look like this: xfzFA9fhBk
Alternatively, a gibberish phrase containing mixed case and numerals would also be acceptable - such as Papa7BananaLingo49. NOTE: Please do not use this example password!
Passwords containing a single word that can be found in the dictionary (or reversed dictionary words) are NOT acceptable, as they can easily be used by a password-cracking algorithm.
For your information, our MINIMUM requirements for your email password are as follows:
The password must contain at LEAST 10 characters.
The password must contain upper and lower case characters.
The password must contain at LEAST one number.
The password must NOT be based on a simple dictionary word or reversed dictionary word.
To check and/or change your email password you will need to either log into your webmail and change the password there yourself (please allow 15 minutes after the password change for the change to take effect), OR to call our technical support department for a technicians help in changing your password. (Please note there will also be a 15 minute delay for this change while the system updates the password.) To reach our technical support department, you can call 509-888-5700.
Attention LocalTel TV customers
We are pleased to announce some new additions to our TV line up. See the information for your county below. In the coming weeks LocalTel will be upgrading much of our "headend" technology, the results of this upgrade will even better quality of service and channel offerings for our customers. We will post updates here frequently to keep you informed as things progress and to notify you of any changes you may expect.
Thank you for your interest and patience during this upgrade, and we are excited to bring you the service this improved technology will offer!
New Douglas County Channels
1. BBC America HD (ch. 308) in the Variety tier
2. BBC World News (ch. 378) in the Digital Basic tier
3. ESPN2 HD (ch. 37) Expanded tier
4. Sundance (ch. 454) Movie tier
5. Escape TV (ch. 21) in the Digital Basic tier
6. E! HD (ch. 93) in the Expanded tier
New Chelan County Channels
1. Science Channel HD (ch. 528 or 90-528 without a STB) in the Expanded tier
2. AMC HD (ch. 531 or 79-531 without a STB) in the Expanded tier
3. WeTV HD (ch. 532 or 79-532 without a STB) in the Expanded tier
4. Fox Sports 1 HD (ch. 548 or 86-548 without a STB) in the Expanded tier
5. FX HD (ch. 561 or 84-561 without a STB) in the Expanded tier
6. FXX HD (ch. 562 or 91-562 without a STB) in the Expanded tier
7. Nick HD (ch. 566 or 92-566 without a STB) in the Expanded tier
8. Lifetime HD (ch. 568 or 93-568 without a STB) in the Expanded tier
9. VH1 HD (ch. 569 or 93-569 without a STB) in the Expanded tier
10. Sho2 HD (ch. 577) in the Showtime & TMC Premium tier
11. Encore HD (ch. 580) in the Encore tier
12. IFC HD (ch. 582) in the Movie tier
13. Escape TV (ch. 504 or 112-504 without a STB) in the Basic tier
14. WGN America HD (ch. 507 or 113-507 without a STB) in the Basic tier
15. Animal Planet HD (ch. 567 or 92-567 without a STB) in the Expanded tier
16. iNDemand PPV HD (ch. 880) in the Digital HD tier
17. BBC World News (ch. 201) in the Digital Basic tier
18. Fox Sports 2 HD (ch. 551) in the Digital Basic tier
19. Cooking Channel (ch. 168) in the Family and Education tier
20. Sundance (ch. 376) in the Movie tier
21. Pivot (ch. 390) in the Variety tier
22. BBC America HD (ch. 563) in the Variety tier
New WatchTVEverywhere Networks
1. TV Land
2. The Weather Channel
4. Fuse MV
If you have any questions please feel free to contact us!
CCPUD MAINTENANCE NOTICES
REFERENCE #: 221
TITLE: Chelan 7450 CPM Replacement
START TIME: 1:00 AM PT April 19, 2016
END TIME: 5:00 AM PT April 19, 2016
Services Affected: Data
Purpose: The purpose of this maintenance is to replace a failed CPM card at the 7450 located at the Chelan node. This is service affecting and will require a service interruption to non-redundant circuits that terminate at this location. The service interruption will be between 30 and 45 minutes, and will occur between 1AM and 5AM.
DCPUD MAINTENANCE NOTICES
LOCATION: Network Wide, Douglas County
START TIME: 12:00 AM PT April 27, 2016
END TIME: 5:00 AM PT April 27, 2016
Description: DCPUD is upgrading the core network ring to 20 Gigabits. As each of the five links is upgraded network re-convergence may cause brief interruptions to service.